Associate Attorney- Employment Law
Please only apply if you already have a UBE score of at least 270.
Applications should ONLY APPLY if they currently resident in: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine or New York. If you do not currently reside in one of these states, please do NOT apply.
The Law Offices of Wyatt & Associates specializes in labor and employment law. Wyatt & Associates represents both aggrieved employees and growing employers related to their employment law needs. One or more attorneys at the Firm practice in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
We are looking for a junior level attorney to assist primarily with the plaintiff (employee) side of our litigation practice, including representing employees in legal claims related to discrimination, harassment, whistle-blowing retaliation, wage and hour violations, and wrongful termination. This position will play a major role in both client intake and litigation of employment-related claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. This is an entry-level attorney position with the potential for growth. We focus on developing strong attorneys interested in a long-term position within the Firm.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Conducting interviews with prospective clients who have contacted our firm in order to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their cases, provide initial consultations, and make decisions about whether to offer potential legal services.
- Completing first drafts of litigation documents such as administrative discrimination charges, court documents, and other filings and correspondence which put forward relevant facts in a persuasive and compelling manner. Strong written advocacy skills are required.
- When necessary, traveling to appear in person at agency and court hearings, as well as mediations. Travel can typically be completed within a single business day, although rare overnight travel may occasionally be necessary.
- Conducting negotiations with the opposing side on behalf of litigation clients.
- Managing all aspects of litigation cases under supervision and tutelage of partner, ensuring all deadlines are met and that partner is kept up to speed on all relevant aspects.
- Completing legal research and memo writing to support cases.
- Staying organized, meeting deadlines, and multi-tasking to achieve priorities in a fast-paced environment. Please visit wyattlegalservices.com for more information about the Firm.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Pre-existing admission to a state bar is preferred, with pre-existing admission to New York or any of the New England states being the most preferred. Candidates who are not currently admitted in relevant jurisdictions would be expected to apply for such admission (with the Firm’s assistance) upon starting their position.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to spot issues, analyze, gather and summarize data, and solve problems effectively
- Demonstrated ability to “keep the ball moving” in large, complex, and long-term projects
- Ability to prioritize effectively, juggle multiple projects, work quickly when necessary, and focus on navigating obstacles by extracting the highest return from invested time
- Persuasive communication & advocacy skills
- Professional and polished demeanor with ability to interface with clients and participate in networking and client development activities
- Personally motivated to always contribute exceptional work, with a demonstrated history of accomplishments
- Consistent discretion, good judgment, and ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Self-reflective, with the ability and desire to take and incorporate feedback
- Positive attitude and mindset. We are looking for candidates who will contribute to a positive and happy culture at the firm, even during periods when work may be stressful.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws, litigation experience, and excellent negotiation skills are all preferred, but not required.
- At this time, we are fully remote with no requirement to work in the office in Keene NH, though living in the New England/New York area is required.
- In your cover letter, please describe in detail your reasons for being specifically interested in practicing employment law.
- Candidates should include their GPA from both Law School and Undergraduate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan