Foreclosure Attorney – Vermont
Brock & Scott, PLLC has an opening in its Foreclosure/Default Servicing Department for a Foreclosure Attorney admitted in Vermont. The attorney in this position will oversee and work closely with support staff in drafting and reviewing all documentation necessary to complete a judicial mortgage foreclosure in the State of Vermont. The attorney may be engaged in related matters, including but not limited to, debt disputes and defense to counterclaim and other actions to enjoin foreclosure. The attorney will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the foreclosure process in Vermont from demand to recording of foreclosure deeds.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Represent the interest of mortgage lenders and/or servicers in all stages of the foreclosure process in Vermont. Review all statutorily required notices, correspondence, pleadings and other documents. Efficiently and effectively prepare and respond to written inquiries or disputes. Attend and argue motions and other hearings before the courts. Attend mediation sessions related to foreclosure proceedings. Work closely with and provide legal counsel to foreclosure clients throughout the foreclosure process.
- Possess a Juris Doctor degree.
- Admission to the bar in the State of Vermont required; admission in other New England states a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Understanding how to deal with large and complex clients.
- Ability to work in team environment to reach goals and objectives.
- Ability to work directly with senior levels of management and to effectively communicate legal issues and obtain input and decision making within tight deadlines.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.