Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join our Legal Services team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Assistant General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Research and analysis of complex legal issues, transactions, contracts, and other documents presented by all departments of the Corporation and its affiliates.
- Develop and review contractual provisions, and interpret and advise the Corporation on state and federal laws and regulations (including state and federal laws relating to health insurance companies).
- Respond to inquiries regarding state and federal legislation, and keep the General Counsel informed of matters having a legal impact on the Corporation.
- May serve as the Privacy Officer.
Assistant General Counsel Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited law school, holds JD degree.
- Admitted to practice before the Vermont Bar.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a law firm or corporate law department; experience in complex contracting, health care or insurance industry strongly preferred.
Assistant General Counsel Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting