Ratchford Law Group PC, is a multi-state creditor’s rights law firm representing lenders in a variety of consumer and commercial recovery and litigation efforts. RLG is headquartered in Pennsylvania and maintains offices in Massachusetts, New York and Maine. We are seeking an associate attorney who is licensed in the following jurisdictions including Massachusetts and/or Vermont to attend regular court appearances, virtually and in-person. This role is hybrid remote, but some level of physical presence will be required in Court and/or MA office. Salary is commensurate with experience. Visit www.ratchfordlawgroup.com to learn more.
- Develop and implement litigation strategy and draft legal pleadings, motions and discovery.
- Responsible for managing a caseload of litigated claims.
- Attend court appearances, virtually and in-person, and conduct trials independently.
- Work with firm paralegals to produce and respond to legal demands.
- Comply with all client and firm operational procedures
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Membership in good standing with the Bar of Massachusetts, or Vermont
- If not barred in Vermont or New Hampshire, qualified for immediate admission.
- Some litigation experience, including court appearances.
- Willingness to drive to attend court appearances.
- Self-directed with attention to detail and ability to manage caseload and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of civil procedure
- Experience in high volume litigation
- Multi-state bar admission.
- Be able to travel when needed by the most efficient means of transportation
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Bar Admissions
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bar license in Vermont (Required) – Dual license Massachusetts and Vermont (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Danvers, MA 01923
Contact: Stephen Vincenti, HR Manager 570-558-5510 ext. 160