Associate Attorney- Employment Law
The Law Offices of Wyatt & Associates specializes in labor and employment law. Wyatt & Associates represents both aggrieved employees and growing employers related to their employment law needs. One or more attorneys at the Firm practice in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
We are looking for a junior level attorney to assist primarily with the plaintiff (employee) side of our litigation practice, including representing employees in legal claims related to discrimination, harassment, whistle-blowing retaliation, wage and hour violations, and wrongful termination. This position will play a major role in both client intake and litigation of employment-related claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. This is an entry-level attorney position with the potential for growth. We focus on developing strong attorneys interested in a long-term position within the Firm.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Conducting interviews with prospective clients who have contacted our firm in order to assess the strengths and weaknesses of their cases, provide initial consultations, and make decisions about whether to offer potential legal services.
- Completing first drafts of litigation documents such as administrative discrimination charges, court documents, and other filings and correspondence which put forward relevant facts in a persuasive and compelling manner. Strong written advocacy skills are required.
- When necessary, traveling to appear in person at agency and court hearings, as well as mediations. Travel can typically be completed within a single business day, although rare overnight travel may occasionally be necessary.
- Conducting negotiations with the opposing side on behalf of litigation clients.
- Managing all aspects of litigation cases under supervision and tutelage of partner, ensuring all deadlines are met and that partner is kept up to speed on all relevant aspects.
- Completing legal research and memo writing to support cases.
- Staying organized, meeting deadlines, and multi-tasking to achieve priorities in a fast-paced environment. Please visit wyattlegalservices.com for more information about the Firm.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Pre-existing admission to a state bar is preferred, with pre-existing admission to New York or any of the New England states being the most preferred. Candidates who are not currently admitted in relevant jurisdictions would be expected to apply for such admission (with the Firm’s assistance) upon starting their position.
- Strong candidates who are not yet admitted to a state bar but have recently passed the February 2022 UBE will be considered.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to spot issues, analyze, gather and summarize data, and solve problems effectively
- Demonstrated ability to “keep the ball moving” in large, complex, and long-term projects
- Ability to prioritize effectively, juggle multiple projects, work quickly when necessary, and focus on navigating obstacles by extracting the highest return from invested time
- Persuasive communication & advocacy skills
- Professional and polished demeanor with ability to interface with clients and participate in networking and client development activities
- Personally motivated to always contribute exceptional work, with a demonstrated history of accomplishments
- Consistent discretion, good judgment, and ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Self-reflective, with the ability and desire to take and incorporate feedback
- Positive attitude and mindset. We are looking for candidates who will contribute to a positive and happy culture at the firm, even during periods when work may be stressful.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws, litigation experience, and excellent negotiation skills are all preferred, but not required.
- The selected applicant will be expected to work at the firm’s main office in Keene, NH 1+ days per week (depending on the current firm’s in-office work policy), although remote work for a portion of each week may be allowed. Accordingly, candidates must live in a location where they will be able to reasonably commute to Keene NH.
- In your cover letter, please describe in detail your reasons for being specifically interested in practicing employment law.
- Candidates should specify within their cover letter whether, if selected, they would be intending to relocate closer to Keene NH or whether it would be their preference to commute some days per week from the current address listed on the resume.
- Candidates should include their GPA from both Law School and Undergraduate.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com